This very simple little WordPress plugin shows the Advanced Toolbar button in your WordPress 2.1x WYSIWYG Post Editor. No more fumbling around for the correct hotkey to show these “hidden” buttons. Just click the button (see red circled image below).
If you use the wysiwyg editor, you’ll want to give this a try. I think you’ll be pleased.
Update: September 23, 2007 — it appears that this functionality is now native in the upcoming WordPress 2.3. As such, upgraders to that version won’t want this.
Big shout to Mark Steel for the code.
- GPL License. Use it, build from it — ideally, credit me as the idea guy with a link back to here. Say nice things about Mark too.
- Download it from my
downloads pageWordPress plugins page
- Unzip it
- FTP/scp/carrier pigeon it to your server, put it in the plugins directory
- Login to WordPress, activate it.
- Open to ideas… perhaps research TinyMCE and see if there are other interesting buttons to show?
- 11.Feb.2007 – First Discussed (no formal release)
- 28.Feb.2007 – Release .02 – Uses Mark Steel‘s simple yet elegant code.
- 18.Mar.2007 – Release .03 – Changed to GPL license, moved hosting to wp-plugins.net
[Released with Mark's permission]