Here’s my favorite headline of the day:
Heck yeah! Or should I say, “About time?” Regardless, I’m pretty excited. This is something I’d been waiting on for a long time.
We migrated to Office 365 at work last fall and shortly after that I moved all my OneNote notebooks to our hosted SharePoint server. Sadly, this Android app (same for iPhone version as well) only syncs to SkyDrive… So tonight I spent some time moving all my notebooks back to SkyDrive.
Side note: I wasn’t in love with keeping my OneNote notebooks on hosted SharePoint. In fact, it was rather annoying with the daily password prompts… but we try to eat our own dog food, so to speak, so it was worth doing. And I’m glad to have my OneNotes back to SkyDrive.
Now, not only do I have my OneNote notebooks synchronized to all of my PCs – and web access – but now I also have direct access from my Android smart phone. Holy grail! It runs great on the phone too. Very responsive.
The feature summary is interesting — and I’ll confess I haven’t figured out how to do all this stuff yet:
- Text formatting, images, and bulleted lists
- To-do lists with clickable checkboxes
- Quick photo capture with your phone’s camera
- Quick access to recent notes
- Store and access multiple OneNote notebooks
- Sync to your free SkyDrive account for access anywhere
- Offline access to your notes
- Option to sync notebooks only over a Wi-Fi connection
- Built-in spelling checker
- Support for external hyperlinks
- Table editing
Free to play, but once you go past 500 notes there’s a one-time fee of $4.99. Or don’t pay the fee and have read-only access to all your stuff from your phone.
I’ve only had it installed and synchronized to my phone for 3 hours, so the jury is still out on how this will fit in “productivity world” long term, but I’m very bull’ish on it. Anyone else using it and want to share thoughts?