What a weekend… Got my Solo Technology site and technical blog in sync with how they look. Might do the same here. Might not. I haven’t decided yet. Was a fun and educational project though — the best kind.
Packers beat the Bears. Favre’s post-game interview almost had me sniffling right along with him. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised or upset if he retires. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised or upset if he comes back for one more year either. But face it, dude’s almost my age and, frankly, that’s getting up there!
Like many, this evening seems to be a good time to pound a stake in the ground and declare some resolutions. I have a few thoughts and hopes to toss around.
- Continue being nicotine free. I’m reasonably pleased that I spent more time off the crap than I was on the crap this year. I hope to finish 2007 as the first year I was completely off since I was 13.
- Continue going to the gym. I’m proud of me. Started with the gym in early August and have been very diligent (until the last week and a half due to weather and holiday fun!). I haven’t lost much weight, but where that weight is has certainly changed. And more importantly, I love what the cardio workouts are doing for my stamina and heart rate. I work harder than hell these days to meet my cardio goals and that makes me happy.
- Speaking of weight… I want to drop 20. Several years ago I dropped 70 lbs. It was a bit over a year long project and was totally awesome. Like most “diets” it also reversed. Over the past two years I’ve gained half of it back. I think I know how to do this a bit smarter now. A bit of the common sense No S Diet (thanks to Rich for the pointer) and the continued cardio / weight lifting should make this goal relatively easy.
- Take up the guitar. This one may be tricky… I already play most things with strings (violin, viola, bass, bass guitar and even piano) but I’ve never truly/totally grokked the guitar. Sure, I can pick out pretty much anything, but I’m very very weak on chords. Well, I have my grandfather’s old Silvertone acoustic guitar (with electronic kit!). I’d really like to re-string it and take some lessons. Got to find the time though.
- Relax a bit at work. I need to continue finding that home/work life balance.
- Cut back on the alcohol. I enjoy a martini or mixed drink most evenings. While I don’t feel that’s all that bad, I also wouldn’t mind using that money elsewhere. I’m going to try and quit the juice for “a while” just to see how it goes. As a chronic sufferer of “nighttime busy-brain” this one may actually have the most impact (aka less sleep)!
Best wishes to you and yours for a great 2007!