Installing a new “custom” shower surround this weekend. Until just now things were going quite well. Considering the awesome instructions, I was quite pleased with myself (seriously, I have structural parts not in the docs — and the docs has parts listed that I don’t have!).
I was working on cutting the top rails to fit this afternoon. Made sure everything was level and measured — twice. Wrote down my measurements, grabbed the piece to cut and headed to the garage.
In the garage I measured and marked my piece to cut. In fact, I measured twice, then ran back upstairs to look at my notes and measured a third time.
Pity that I was reading my handwriting wrong and cut the damned thing 5 inches too short.
I’m so disgusted with myself at the moment.
I figured I could save a couple hundred bucks by doing the install myself. I think I just ate up that savings with the new “custom” header I’ll be ordering monday morning.